Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Blogs of passion

Why do we/I write shit disguised as a blog?
Why do we/I write any shit at all?
To see our names in print?
To become famous?
To help the economy by helping publishing companies?
To share our valuable insights drawn from our unique experiences and even more unique (?) interpretations?
To become more articulate?
Or is it just that as written in the famous American bumper sticker, ‘shit happens’?

And how do we write? How does it come out – Systematically? Chaotically? In a flow when we are in the zone?

My process of writing seem to come out through some unknown process and I have been trying to understand it – I start writing and even if I have no idea in the beginning or even middle, it ends up as a whole. A wrote a short story, titled ‘not that crazy’, and it reflects such an experience.

I was trying to sleep at night, and I remembered a Hindi movie song and got up to write something with that as a beginning… A guy is listening to that song and what happens to him? Through this process I wrote a story about a guy suffering from schizophrenia. The whole process took about one hour (the story contains roughly 1500 words or two typed pages). I had no idea how I will end it, or what will come up next when I was writing it. I was on a roll. Wish I was more of a conscious writer than the above kind of unconscious one, because I will be able to write when I wanted to, rather than just wait for that flow or mood to strike me.

Well, it’s been the same for blogs as well. Sometimes none for a month, and sometimes 3 in one day. Gotta thank Sudip who told me to keep at it, an American Joe who reads it, and Jaadya too… I guess that wraps up everybody… oh, yeah, the blogger, yeah gotta thank them too?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're welcome.

did i meet sudip?

sovidual said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sovidual said...


dear anonymous, i dont think you met sudip... (i just saw your comment today.. and guess i should post in blog that story, which i talked about above. its titled "Not that crazy" short story.. (check for it on my blog when you get time)
.. just posted it on blog. here is the link: http://sovidual.blogspot.in/2014/10/short-story-3-not-that-crazy.html