Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Being a barefooter…

Every time i put my foot down,
It reminds me, i am naked,
Vulnerable, human and rooted to this earth..

Every time, I see someone else
Stare at my bare feet, and say nothing
I feel conscious, of causing disturbance
In peaceful urban Mumbai life…

Second nature it has become,
To walk over broken stones,
In last 6 months, had no scratches on feet
But mind becomes turbulent, am I right?
Almost one in a million, the infamous way…

Had I declared affinity to an organized religion,
Or penance or asceticism as reasons,
Would things have been different?
As my replies to why barefoot, grow shorter
Along with enthusiasm, as others seem to feel
Forced to offer me excuses for not being barefoot,

But I am still rebelling, struggling & remaining human.

No comments: