Wednesday, March 30, 2011

1) Another day

1) Another day
Crying children,
Shapeless houses,
Cracked footpaths,
Boisterous vendors,
My creased worn shoes
Moved around a banana peel.

Walking through the flow,
All alone in a sea of faces,
Covering the usual distance,
To the crammed office buildings,
Climbing up the wooden stairs,
Glared at the faulty lift.

Away from the dry brown designs,
Footfalls echoing around me,
Unconsciously adjusting the tie,
Sat on the sagged chair;
Looked through the piles of files,
To see the dress of stenographer.

Drinking the usual tea,
Waiting for the boss to come,
Wishing for an earthquake,
I started another day.

1 comment:

sovidual said...

Bombay city is what inspired me to write this one, and at that time I was a graduate student, never been worked in an office, but the imagined routine office life and its ennui affected me as well as the hustle of this city.