Monday, February 27, 2012

6 months of barefoot!

the fall season is here... winter chill has given way to free flowing winds and dry leaves floating down everywhere.
i guess the summer heat would be the real test for any barefooter, but hopefully my feet will have thicker skin by then.

.......one thing which i noticed about my feet is - now my toes seem to have a life of their own. the toes are getting used more, and they seem to revel in this new found freedom. by the end of the 5th month of 24/7 barefoot living, my toes put in more effort while walking, and i seem to feel them wriggling more often.
the 4th toe of my left foot (in hand it will be the ring finger), isthe only problem maker. that 4th toe is not exactly straight, and doesnt fall flat enough.
i had never noticed this till now, because if you are wearing a footwear, i guess it wouldn't matter much.
it feels slightly odd, but my guess is, couple of months more of barefoot walking will make that 4th toe to evolve as well.

.........another observation is, my increased tolerance for pain.. earlier if a thorn pierced my feet, i would be all upset, and feeling sorry for myself for a long period of time.. not now! these days, its just a thorn to be pulled out and then move ahead. and i absolutely had no problems at all, and feel my feet are at their healthiest in years.

anyway, cant give out statements and predictions so early. but so far everything seems cool... barefoot for life!

1 comment:

PPP said...

:)