Wednesday, February 01, 2012

reasons for going barefoot

The reasons I started to live barefoot (not using any footwear 24/7, 365 days)

1) Want to live a simpler life, and find out whether footwear is a real need or just a media created demand.

2) Want to reduce my carbon footprint - so I will be using less synthetic, plastic material - as most shoes/footwear uses that, as well as any footwear material for that matter.

3) Reduce brand crazy consumerism and materialism - what you wear defines you or establishes your status kind of attitude adds fuel to human greed and burning up our earth.

4) Work on my own ego aspects - as i had been obsessed about style and type and number of footwear I own as well as what others wear! Been a total sucker for those footwear brands - so, now to be more of what I am as I am...

5) To feel and manage the inhibition of being footwear less person, from both internal (my own) and external reactions... (as well as to perceive how does it feel to be discriminated on the basis of not having a social status symbol in other words).

6) To feel the sensation: To feel the natural objects as my feel comes in contact with them, rather than keeping my foot covered up all the time with some plastic/rubber/synthetic material. How does grass, mud, rock, wood, leaves, asphalt, cement etc feel which we walk over every day?

7) To know whether a person can live without footwear or here. Is it really a basic necessity, is a question I want to answers by live experimentation…

8) To be part of economically disadvantaged people in this world who cannot afford even footwear, and empathize with them till there is more equality in this world, and last but not least...

9) To show that we have to be considerate of other people, and not litter and dirty the earth... And take responsibility to keep our surroundings clean enough for people to walk barefoot anywhere...

I didn't find all these reasons at one go, but i keep finding more such insights through my experiences, reading and observations...

lots of people are asking me reasons... so now i can give them link or google ;)

1 comment:

sovidual said...

Found one more reason for going barefoot... to be aware of my weight! when my weight increases, the part which connects with earth gives signal. so that i get strong signals not to get obese. hmm.. maybe a slim reason?