Sunday, July 15, 2012

Trek


Trek

It is the highest peak,
And from where I stand
I can see a long way around
And feel the clouds
Go through my finger tips
I look at the sky, Eye to eye
Hey, it’s no conquest, so he smiles
As if we are old pals.

And I touch the mountain king
Like a father he had lifted
Me high on his hands,
As he puts me down to sleep,
The wind swings my tent,
Whistling a lullaby in my mind.

In this trek, I found a family and friend
And as I climb down
My brother trees show the direction
Along with gentle parting hugs
And a sister stream
Follows me along,
But now I have to move ahead
And build a nest,
To share those peaks
Of love, in flat lands.

1 comment:

sovidual said...

Family relationships, exceptional (and rare?) encounters with happy families and an attempt to hold on to those moments… it’s like going into uncharted territories, kinda like a trek?