Monday, June 18, 2012


Specks of dirt

Now I am free again,
To die,
In the jungles of reason
I have found a new toy.

One rare day, I witnessed along with
Shy morning sunlight beam
A dew drop’s fall
From the tip of a leaf to the ground
Rolling over
It created riot of colors,
Till got swallowed by the earth
And I recorded a memory
To roll around,
Even though when I stood up to leave
All that remained was
A speck on the dirt.

It took a few days to sink in,
That if you look from
Far enough above,
We all are just specks of dirt,
Even the galaxy can become a dot.

Enlightened with joy,
I carved a saying
‘If you can’t laugh at yourself,
Then count the stars’.

With a smile, proud and tall
I walked away,
One in a 5 billion human toy
Moving in a sphere of clay.

1 comment:

sovidual said...

Specks of dirt:
Kinda being a pseudo-philosopher-poet, comparing a human being with galaxy to escape silly everyday emotional aches and a… “Seekers of truth, beware of pride when you find it”… Kinda loop in the 4th stanza, so don’t get trapped by the 5th stanza … or why not?
*(wrote this long back, when world population was more like 5 billion... sounds crazy now ;)