Saturday, November 05, 2011

48) Society

48) Society
Hiding my real self,
I conformed to the norms,
But got tired of pretension,
And afraid of an explosion.
Apes everyone their ancestors,
I never understood, why?
And act we indifferent –
To our inner-self all the time?

Why do we wear various masks
And complicate every matter?
Why cling on to a society
Which constricts individuality
And kills creativity?
To find out the answers,
Like the others ahead of me,
Shut I myself in society;
Saw that everybody around me,
Had grown accordingly -
To the proportions of their prisons.

With glee, told they me,
Till the end of sane life,
Will remain you closed in,
Only companionship can console,
So to trap the innocents in,
Suffer with a smile, and
You’ll be a success story.
Still fought I to avoid,
Suffering the pangs of guilt,
And the confinement of those
Who follow us in blind faith.

So tried I to deviate,
And break the archaic walls,
With my fiery ideas,
But failures and complete isolation
Had me finally broken.

Painted I have now in my face,
The smug look of satisfaction;
But carry around I still, hope
And seeds of discontention.

2 comments:

sovidual said...

Society
It has happened often. During a cycle ride, I would stop in between and write pieces as they formed on piece of paper kept on my bicycle seat. Looking at need to conform as a prison sentence.

uday said...

What we can't accept and dare not deny;
We read with bated breath and bury oozing sigh;
Hypocrite, what we are,
Don't laugh Uday...You are not far!