Sunday, April 26, 2015

sunday morning walk..

SR series 1. something:
we have to derive happiness from within. There should be inner peace.. or we should be striving for inner peace... As external sources, give happiness for a temporary period, and generally comes with their own negative price, and create further dependence.. (I have read, heard and repeated these same things many times.. but, did I really understand how to achieve internal source focus?)

I was walking, in a morning.. its about couple of kilometers walk.. I am barefoot as usual, and yesterday night, it had rained a lot. The ground is just right for walking.. its soft, without being overly moist...

after few minutes, I see, a muddy patch, and its big.. with sticky mud and very little water all around, without any gaps in them. I began to curse my luck, what a lousy corrupt nation and narrow mentality of our people... but, I had to walk through that anyway, so I went ahead.. I will have to spend some time looking for water or something to clean my feet later, I felt, and already started looking for something..

then, my feet send me, some pleasurable signals as well.. and I felt, everything is not bad.. its bit slippery and squishy but, just a small patch, in the 2 KM walk I am doing.

Then, I realized, this is what is meant by deriving from internal source.. I could have, through encouraging view points (perspective) which would lead to more distress and frustration in me. (they would lead to connected hormones/chemicals being created in my brain, and it will further influence my behavior. Probably, my body will become tensed up, to be ready or prepared for such a load of difficulties and unpleasant experiences further on too.. as a result I could end up grouchy for the whole day probably... (and what will I do then? I will wish for some external happening to change my state of mind, and soon, would be dependent on external forces).

But, as my thoughts changed, and realized, that generally what I consider as unpleasant, is just another experience... and walking on soft grounds was considered as happy thing by my own mind. (if I was advised by a doctor to walk of mud, for some curative purpose, then I would have hated walking on soft grounds, and would be searching for mud to walk on ;)

The lack of cursing (without an ulterior motive), and lack of efforts (thoughts) to increase my frustrations, paid off immediately. I started focusing more on the mud walk, and its finer details. My body calmed down, and I relaxed gradually... and probably the chemicals, which make me tense and be prepared for an crisis would have reduced... and chemicals which give me feeling of well-being and happiness flow in more.. after few minutes, I meet a person, another walker, and its easy for me to share mentally with him, lots of positivity...

I rather like to add the neuro-chemicals, scientific explanations into my reasoning. Some people can blindly go into Bhakti, devotion, or faith like state. I feel it can be blinding, and there should be a balance. Maybe we reach the same insights in different ways and levels. But, overall, it was nice to have an insightful morning walk.. especially on a lazy Sunday... ;)

No comments: