Saturday, June 18, 2011

35) Normal

35) Normal
I took a bath
To stop being a natures freak
Called home
With a sense of guilt.

Smiled, made small talk
For a list of friends,
In my telephone book,
I am no longer a loner.

Torn away posters, swept
Corners of my room
Hung curtains of matching color and
Wait for visitors, who talk about weather.

Painted my nails and a blank expression
Carry along in a handbag concerned voice.
‘You look respectable now’, compliments
My neighborhood shopping mall.

Now laugh derisively at my third dimension,
Whom I rejected, left behind
To be happy, to be together, and
Except for a warped shadow, I am normal.

1 comment:

sovidual said...

Normal
A sly look at conformity without angst, looking at loss of rebel identity as a selected choice but still feeling somewhat lost are the elements, all of which got mixed up & came out as this poem…