Wednesday, June 29, 2011

37) Paper plane

37) Paper plane
I want to tell you,
What I think about you,
And then face your retort.

And I can take it
Self deprecating humor
With a smile.

Except this is no joke
At least for me,
But I can pretend.

My eyes tell the truth
But it’s a strange world,
Even black & white is misunderstood.

Maybe it’s just another game
Between two people,
The winner can just walk away.

Once I lost a paper plane,
Had aimed it too high
And in a chemistry class, I learnt
Tears are salty water drops fallen from eyes,
But there are other ways to shed,
So standing still, I waved.

1 comment:

sovidual said...

Paper plane
It started out as a letter, but ended up as too broad to be told to one person. I used the word ‘retort’ almost as a rude sound, and actual color of eyes (mine is black or v.dark brown). The last stanza as what happened afterwards…