Wednesday, April 13, 2011

10) Dream

10) Dream
I had a long lost dream,
With the innocence of childhood,
Just a few seasons behind,
But unseen like last years rain.

A dream to awake, to hear the
Squeaking of heart, while lost in rat races,
Digging deeper into the mine,
Searching for the glittering dust.

It didn’t matter,
Whether I was waddling or walking,
As I stared through the thickening mist,
Up at the widening sky.

Lack of light, didn’t stop
Me, from stopping,
And to engrave my name in gold,
I am still running.

1 comment:

sovidual said...

10> Dream
One of my earliest poems (junior college) and fear of rat race had already started to reflect. The title contrasts very much with the actual theme of the poem, and I was not sure whether being so materialistic is right or wrong, but to be fashionable I wrote against it.