Friday, April 08, 2011

6) Childhood

6) Childhood
Many memories surround,
Around my village pond,
Filled with dark green waters,
And one half with weeds.

School and to play after,
Scattered all over,
Four different god’s houses
And my punctual mates.

A time when home was a shelter,
Parents my protector,
Every companion a friend,
And any place a playground.

All the teachers cruel,
Every girl untouchable,
And each new day
Dawned with bright hopes.

Don’t remember how,
Got I transformed, now
Ask often god, why did you put
The best of life at first?

But it gave me,
A foundation filled with pleasure,
And to reminisce,
An era of happiness?

2 comments:

sovidual said...

6> Childhood
The village in Keralam where I spent my childhood seem to be filled with row houses, a constricted universe and as an adult trying to be fashionably nostalgic about a lost childhood and a quote inspired and all melted together.

PPP said...

:)
nostalgia is always prettier than the present reality, but always good to relive the past, if no where but your head!