Saturday, May 14, 2011

24) Laments - I

24) Laments - I
Dream girl:
 A philosopher woman, with a beautiful face,
Can feel pity and confuse it with love,
God must have made one,
But there are too many fools.

 Don’t know what draws me toward you,
Don’t know why you remain aloof,
But don’t change, I am used to it,
Living alone with a broken heart.

 I have nothing else to offer,
So I’ll have to throw it away,
It has become a burden,
Oh ! love so pure.

 Beautiful eyes, don’t stop me,
Mesmerizing smiles, don’t fool me,
Entrancing words, don’t make me your prey,
Because I want to finish, alone; this journey.

1 comment:

sovidual said...

24> Laments – I
A favorite defense mechanism of mine, and I enjoy explaining my theme of the first 4 lines: a philosopher woman feels pity at a guy who’s inferior but she confuses pity as love, but the chances of meeting such a girl is pretty low, because there are too many such guys. Self deprecation can be quite fun to experiment with at times.